Saturday, June 18, 2011

Giving this whole blogging thing a try.

For quite awhile now, I've been doing some crafty things.  Some are successful, some not so successful.  All of them, at one time or another, have made me say, "WTF?  No, seriously, WTF with this Fing thing?"  And so this blog is born.

My patient husband and I just bought a new house and I'm buying all kinds of random crap to fill it (much of it off of craigslist.com).  I have a number of projects I want to do inside the house, and I'm going to try to collect my ideas and inspirations here, and document all the befores and afters and etc.

I also dabble in cake making.  I started making mini marshmallow fondant about 2 years ago and have been messing around with it ever since.  I love baking, and shoving desserts in my face, so it only seemed logical to turn myself into a Rochester-based Ace of Cakes . . . minus the badass goatee and ability to make extreme cakes.  I mostly just make simple things, but it's fun and I like to do it for friends.

So, that's all . . . my next post will probably be about the cake I made last night for an anniversary party.

No comments:

Post a Comment